Step 1 - start with whatever flavor cake mix you want. We used a white cake and dyed it pink (of course, I have a TRUE girl!) Bake cake according to directions on the back of the box.
Step 2- Let the cake cool for about 30 minutes. Crumble it up into a large bowl and then mix in whatever flavor frosting you want. (once again we used Pink :) ) I used my hand blender. It looks gooey but tastes so good. You could use 16 ounces of homemade frosting too (which I prefer to store bought)
Step 3 - Scoop into balls and put on a cookie sheet covered with parchment or wax paper. We decided to get fancy and crushed up M-and-M's for some, Oreos for some and made the others plain. You could mix in any number of things - graham crackers and marshmallows in a chocolate cake, peanuts, nuts, sprinkles ect. When all your cake balls are formed freeze for about two hours.
Step 4 - get out the Almond Bark (which we dyed pink) - you can use vanilla or chocolate or you could also use candy melts. Melt according to directions and dip the cake balls into the melted coating. Add sprinkles to make them pretty.
And the finished product.
Such a fun activity to do with my little Pinkalicous. She thought these were so fun and yummy. I am planning on making them for the Fourth of July - red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting, blue candy melts to coat and lots of red, white, and blue sprinkles. I am also going to try a lemon cake with this AMAZING lemon frosting that I make, with white almond bark and lemon zest on the top! Here is to an easy and super delicious little treat!UPDATE: I made a lemon cake mix with raspberry flavored frosting. They are REALLY yummy.

No comments:
Post a Comment